Welcome

Welcome to my wargaming blog,
I'm Dave and live in Morpeth, Northumberland in the UK.
This may or may not be a regular thing, we'll just have to see how it goes.

I am a painter/collector of figures first and a wargamer second. My thrill in this great hobby of ours is to place that final well researched & painted unit into the cabinet. The actual gaming with the figures is an important but secondary experience, we all like to win, but it isn't the be all and end all of it, being with good friends and having fun is.
Hope you will enjoy reading this blog as much as I will writing in it.
Just to remind the visitor to scroll down the various pages and click on 'older posts' to see more.
Dave.

Tuesday 26 December 2017

28mm 7th Century Northumbrian

More re basing done, this time a small force of Northumbrians (had to be didn't it) from around about the 7th century. I got these lads form another fellow already painted to a fashion, not a great fashion it has to be said but a fashion non the less! so with a bit tarting up and re basing I think they will do, at a stretch to oppose the late Romans that I posted last time.
Now I know there will be some guys out there who will say Ohhh noooo the original Saxons didn't look like that, smaller shields etc. I know, your right but when I read though the Warlord chronicles that's how I pictured the Saxons, of course when I then read the later Saxon stories series that's how I pictured the Northumbrians as well - Doh!
What the heck they are how they are, I don't care and I don't care if anyone else cares, here's the pictures:









Now it has to be said that I did not re base these during Christmas,
1. I'm not that sad.
2 My wife would have killed me!
Have a great whatever is left of your Christmas break dear reader and a most peaceful New Year.
Bugger, noticed that the command stands haven't got their die holders on, I ran out so I'm off to do that now, Bye.
Dave.

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Cheers Scotty, some of the barbarians I have are pretty generic and will fit in well with these guys.
      Dave.

      Delete
  2. My God man, what are you thinking? Before we know where we are there'll be Romans in sallets, Napoleon's Old Guard in pink and Shermans in a fetching shade of turquoise!*
    This is not the way to play toy soldiers old bean.
    You've also forgotten the first rule of toy-soldiering - "Never admit that you are wrong."
    Seriously though they look great!
    Happy New Year,
    Neal
    *Worth doing just to annoy people really.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cracking looking units Dave, well done.I dont subscribe to, they cant have worn this or that. I think as ever, we would make do with whatever was available. Great units.

    ReplyDelete